Music Policy – there is none!
One of the questions I get asked a lot is “how do you know what to play?”
Well the truth is, I don’t… well not until I get on the decks and look at the crowd!
Disco, Indie, Rock, Soul… whatever moves your body, [laughs].
To be honest, these days most of the crowd that come to hear me know what they are going to get, tunes that made you what you are today.
I recently did an interview and the guy, AH Barnes, the 80/90s Music Critic said “Ok tell me the last few tunes you were listening to in the car”
Took a bit time but here it is:
- Resurrection - The Stone Roses
- Somebody else’s Guy - Jocelyn Brown
- The Champion - Willie Mitchell
- Two Can Play That Game - Bobby Brown
- Young Hearts - Candi Staton
- Jump Around - Cypress Hill
- What’s my Number - Toot and the Mayalls
- Town Called Malice - The Jam
- The love I lost - Harold Melvin
- The Boys are back in Town - Thin Lizzy
- Love will tear us apart - Joy Division
- Come see about me - The Supremes
This is just a small variety of what I play in a night. It always makes me laugh when I see 'Old Skool'. To me proper 'Old Skool' is three minute records, no mixing, more like the old youth club disco,lol.